11.13.2007

Bienvenue (Welcome)

I'm Ariane. Welcome to my blog!

I'm:
- a student
- an academic
- a feminist
- a nerd/geek
- a writer
- heterosexual
- sex-positive
- submissive (in bed)
- opinionated

At some point in the last, say, week or two, a friend came to me and described an all-too-common situation to me: a young woman comments in response to a poem, "I'm so glad that this poem doesn't have any references to sex or homosexuality in it. It shows that poetry can be beautiful without being crude and indecent."

Oh young lady. You don't know me but yours is an opinion I'd like to pin on a wall and throw darts at, and at the same time it has inspired me, for somewhere in the last few days I decided that I have a few things to say about sex and sexuality, and maybe they're things that people will find interesting.

Or maybe I'll get flamed to Internet Hell for being openly feminist, sex-positive and happy to rail away at the injustices of this world.

So let's be sex-positive for a little while, shall we? Even the staid academics are doing it!

No comments: